Tips for Storage, Packing, and Moving
Armored Self Storage climate-controlled storage units come in a variety of sizes, providing you the flexibility to store both large and small items that may be extremely sensitive to the intense cold and high heat.
- Tightly seal your boxes with packing tape to prevent dust from entering.
- Label all sides of your boxes with large simple words for easy identification.
- Make sure lighter, more fragile boxes are placed on top of the heavier stronger boxes.
- Don't over pack boxes as they can get heavy and dangerous by either breaking or hurting your back while carrying.
- By using the inside of drawers and larger appliances, such as stoves and refrigerators, to store small items you can save valuable space.
- Breaking down large items like tables, bed frames, and larger furniture takes less space when storing. Be sure to keep all accessory parts, screws, and small items securely taped to the item individually or in a small bag.
- Prevent scratching and scuffing wooden or soft furniture legs by wrapping them with protective bubble wrap.
- Start of your empty storage space by placing the less frequently used items toward the rear of the unit. Placing item you use more often in the front will allow you quicker access.
- If you're storing business files, leave a walkway down the center of the unit so it's easier to find and get to what you're looking for.
- Do not store flammable materials - Paint, Gasoline, etc...
- Do not store combustible and/or hazardous materials.
When storing small engine equipment (snow blowers, lawnmowers, etc...), drain any fluids prior to storage.
- Use a secure, high quality lock.